Privacy and Cookie
Rights and Requests
Marketing and Advertising
We use marketing and advertising to help let you know about the great products and services we provide, offers available to you, events and community initiatives. Some involve Personal Information and some don’t, for example:
- Physical adverts, such as on bill boards, or in newspapers and magazines. We do not use Personal Information to provide these.
- TV and Radio advertising. We do not use Personal Information to provide these.
- Online advertising, where you see adverts on websites. In some cases these use Personal Information (to help target them and understand their effectiveness) and in others they don’t.
- Direct Marketing, where marketing communications are sent directly to individuals by email, SMS or post. We do use Personal Information for these, and we only provide these communications where you have given us permission to do so.
- Push Notifications, where you receive notifications directly on your device from Apps. We do use Personal Information for these, and we only provide these notifications where you have given us permission to do so.
What Personal Information do we collect and use about you and where do we collect it from?
- We collect information such as device identifiers and device data through cookies placed on our websites and from websites of media partners/publishers that feature Amyris Plants Oil advertising.
- We use information about which of our websites and apps you visit, what products and services you browse and buy to help ensure that the advertising you see from us is as timely and relevant as possible.
- We collect your permission for the Direct Marketing, your name and contact details such as your email address, address and/ or telephone number. In most cases we collect this information directly from you, for example when you register for an Amyris Plants Oil online account.
- We may collect your marketing responses if you open an email from us and click on a link to view products or offers.
- We collect your permission to receive push notifications directly from you.
- We may use the address you have registered on your App account to help ensure that notifications you receive are relevant to your location.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use your Personal Information to:
- Send you direct marketing communications and push notifications, and to show you online adverts.
- Help create the most relevant content in direct marketing communications, push notifications and online adverts.
- Help us understand how effective our marketing and advertising is.
Where possible, we also anonymise information so that individuals can’t be identified. Relevant content is created based on your website interactions and experience. We also take information from all online customers and anonymously mix it together to understand what features are popular and improve our content over time. This allows us to tailor your journey in a way that makes the most sense to you without compromising your Privacy.
Why are we allowed to collect and use your Personal Information?
- The GDPR, coupled with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation sets the rules on when we can send direct marketing communications to you. In some cases we are required to get an ‘opt in’ permission from you e.g. you tick a box to say you want to receive direct marketing. In others, where we are marketing our products and services to our existing customers, we can get permission by ‘opt out’ permission e.g. you tick a box to say you don’t want to receive direct marketing. In all cases you must be able to easily stop the direct marketing at any time.
- Where we use an ‘opt out’ permission we rely on the legal basis of our ‘legitimate interest’ for us to send you direct marketing.
- We rely on the legal basis of your ‘consent’ for receiving push notifications.
- We rely on the legal basis of our ‘legitimate interest’ for using your account information to help provide you with the most relevant communications.
Where we rely on the legal basis of our ‘legitimate interest’ we have carefully assessed our legitimate business interests and the potential impact on you to ensure that your Privacy and rights are protected. If you would like to understand more about how we have assessed our legitimate business interests, please get in touch via the Contact Us page.
Who do we share it with?
In some cases we will share some of your contact details with our media partners and publishers so that they can deliver our marketing to you. They do not use it for any other purpose. If you would like more information about the third parties we partner with, please get in touch via the Contact Us page.
Where is my Personal Information kept, processed and accessed from?
Your information is processed safely and securely by Amyris Plants Oil Ltd. and trusted partners, within the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information for three years, at which point it will be securely deleted.
What are my Privacy Rights?
Simply click on the Rights and Requests tab above to find out about your rights and how to exercise them.
You can ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications at any time. To make this as easy as possible we include an “unsubscribe” link on all of our marketing emails, an option to reply “STOP” on SMS, and a return freepost address to stop postal direct marketing.
You can stop push notifications by simply changing your Apps settings.
Last updated: 22/4/2020